Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Call to Action

I have been in a super blah funk lately. I am not even excited about figuring out what to wear for Halloween. I have no friends at school and see other friends once a week, maybe. I have not been exercising nor eating any raw foods. I've been spending too much time at home, not my apartment. And, I have not started outlining yet. One or two of these problems would be fine, but swallowing the whole lot of it all at once is no good. Hence, this call to action. If I can at least go through the motions of getting of grip, perhaps I'll be able so swim to shore before a full-fledge rescue is in order.

I've printed a list of reasonable goals to accomplish in the next 2.5 months. First and foremost are exercise and outlining. If I can kick my ass into gear about exercising, feeling better, eating better and having more positive energy will naturally follow. I bought a desk calendar and input all of my upcoming deadlines and have planned out a schedule that will allow me to have my outlines significantly finished before reading period.

As for the social aspect, I am going to go to the school party this Friday. It'll be the first time all semester I've done so. I need to start getting to know people because I need to find a study group. As the event will be at a bar Friday and I only seem to make friends when drinking is involved (me sober is apparently too much to bear sober!), hopefully that'll get the ball rolling. I also need to do a better job of hanging out with my other friends. I will plan a game night soon. Not being at home some often would free up a lot of my time, so I'll have to be more firm about that. Always easier said than done though.

This all looks good on paper! Hopefully I'll be strong in my resolutions. I even feel a little better already :)

3 comments:

  1. These written pep talks work pretty well. Good luck. Kick ass. And all that good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Clara! It's amazing that you're in Law School and still manage to hang out as much as you do. I expected to not see you as often (you know, not every single Friday-Sunday anymore haha) but am pleasantly surprised at how often I do see you out and about! I know it's a been a long while but I WILL see you on Friday and it looks like Michaela and Michelle will be joining the party as well. We'll get you nice a tipsy for your school party hahah JK :D You are a doll and I <3 you :D.

    I actually just signed on to blogger today after a long time of ignoring my list - and reading your post has really inspired me to get my act together and stop letting the days go on by without accomplishment. So, thank you for being in a funk, and thank you for sharing your pep talk on your blog. You are awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :)Posting declarations helps with accountability, I find, as it is no longer only me that knows. Therefore, if I'm idling, I feel obligated to more than just myself. And when you are as big a slacker as I am, every little trick helps!

    ReplyDelete