Sunday, October 11, 2009

Move into my very own apartment

Well, even though I am less than 4 miles from home, I am now out of the house! Because it really is a ridiculously small world, my mom's first apartment in San Francisco when she came here 35 years ago was the same one and same--she lived in the unit directly above me! Even the landlady is the same! Quite the circle of life and proof to the argument that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
I am slowly starting to get used to having my own place and starting to feel less like I am playing pretend and more like a legitimate adult. The downside will be shopping for food (right now there is a only a case of Blue Moon and a pint of ice cream in the fridge...) and actually having to cook on a regular basis, but I feel there are infinitely more worthy things to complain about. I still plan on coming home to do laundry and pouching toiletry and some food supplies (because they are FREE), but I feel these are things that most young adults who have good relationships with their families and live close enough to home do.
While I still have some knick-knacks to pick up for my apartment, it is coming together quite nicely and I look forward to having people over for game nights (I have no t.v.) and cooking dinners (that way, I can shirk doing so!) Pleased with myself am I indeed =)

2 comments: